Tuesday 2 January 2018

#52ancestors -Wk1- Home Person

Week 1 - Challenge #52ancestors - About the "home person" in my tree.

My family history begins with me... Lynne, the daughter of George SANDERSON and Edna TRATTLES. I began researching my tree shortly after the death of my father in the 1980s. Edna and George were both born in Middlesbrough in the 1920s and are both no longer with us. Mam's surname is reasonably unusual and during my genealogy years I have commenced a One Name Study for the Trattles surname, of which no doubt will be a topic to write about in another week. The Sandersons have been more difficult, I have only been able to go back 5 generations (so far...).

As part of my genealogy journey and the resources I can access, I research and compile family trees for friends (incl; friends of friends) and family, asking for donations for local small amimal charities.
I have long periods where my own family research lapses and am hoping that this 52 week challenge will inspire me to look into things I have overlooked and also to share with family, who may themselves come up with some areas for me to investigate.

My Family Tree currently has 2963 individuals recorded, with 224 of them being direct ancestors and their spouses. The earliest born being Roger BOOKER (b.1530 in Hampshire) my 12th Great Grandafther on my maternal side.

No comments:

Post a Comment